Sunday 9 June 2013

Run away - Chapter 2 - by twila and tanya

i woke up stiff and hungry. i had been lying on a piece of cardboard all night and my whole body ached. i sighed. and then remembered. " im seeing jay today in hmv!!!" i says to mself. many other homeless people scattered around me on the ground woke up and looked up at me. eyebrows raised. clearl dissapointed that such a ' spoilt ' looking child was there. I looked to my right and saw a girl with soft brown hair sitting in the corner. Her head turned and she looked me in the eye, she just stared. I smiled, I would have a friend in this place; however, she scowled instantly and then looked at her knees once more. I wasn't sure what to do. The old man that was next to me looked up at me and smiled, the weird thing was, I wasn't even scared so I smiled back. "You're new here" he croaked. He looked so thirsty and when I had that thought I realised: I was thirstier than I had ever been in my life and hungrier than the day and a half when I couldn't because of my tummy problems. I began to cry. The pain was overwhelming. I felt my body slump to the floor and just sit there. "Hey! What you crying for?" I heard a girls voice ask. I looked up and she was there staring at me, her eyes a lot more sympathetic than her the rest of her face. " i...im sorry....im just realising how bad eveything is.." i break off again to sob harder. " hey...ill be your friend if you want. ill help you get food and water. come on. ill show you" she put her arm round me and stood up. " im lily by the way" I stared at her and sighed. "Oh my lord! Forgive me! Please forgive, its eleven o'clock and ive slept in, please my lord give me another chance and rewind the time." i listened to a womans frantic prayer a few beds behind me and gasped. "what! it's eleven! sugar!" i grabbed my coat and ran onto the street out of the alley. "Wait! where are you going?" yelled lily, still in the alley. i stopped and turned around. "to see my date!" she stared at me with her jaw hanging open. "you have a date?" "yeh!" "but look at yourself" i stopped at looked in the H&M window and gasped. "i look like a... a... homeless person..." it sunk in then that that was what i was, a homeless person. "it doesnt matter. you need money!" she said catching me up. "ive got money." i realised as i felt the familiar recatangular shape of the card in the sole of my shoe. "huh? you have money?" i nodded and pulled out my card. "i think it's time you had a decent breakfast." i laughed and pulled her into mcdonalds.

 I stared at the rack of Taylor Swift RED. i sighed because it was never going to be mine now. Lily was already in Carluccio's, she was with her boyfriend Jimmy. It was half past twelve and i began to feel a bit worried. i said lunch time at HMV. it just didn't make sense. The clock kept ticking and i knew i'd been stood up, everyone in HMV knew it too. a load of girls came out sniggering and pointing at me. i felt a tear drip down onto my face and i decided i couldn't bear it any more.  I ran back to the alley and sobbed into my pillow. 

I felt lily beside me. "you ok?" she whispered. I carried on laying there and didnt say a word. "what happened?" she continued to sit by my side until i had the strength to answer. "i got stood up." 
"i thought so." we sat in silence for a minute in the darkness until i said, "how come you're here?" she sighed and then said. "Well, it's a long story." 
"i'm listening." she nodded and then began her tale.
"well.....ill.make.this quick. ........my mum and dad had a car crash and
both died when i was a baby. my aunty looked after me, untill out house was
set on fire by a candle that had fallen. i was 8 by then. my aunty died in
the fire. i saw the burns across her face and ran. i ran all the way here
from london"........
"wow." i sat and stared at lily for a moment, full of respect. She was so much more courageous than i ever could be and ever would be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment