Saturday 8 June 2013

Run away - chapter 1 - By Twila and Tanya

i stared at the blank piece of paper infront of me and sighed. what should i write to my boyfriend. heya babe?? i scribbled it out as soon as i wrote it. i couldn't think of anything appropriate so i screwed up the paper and chucked it onto the floor. i could feel the first tear form in the corner of my eye and then drip slowly down my cheeks and onto my chest.  the tear fell down my t shirt, and landed on the table. it made a massive crash in my head. i sat staring at the drop of salted water for a moment and thought about my life, i had the worst boyfriend in history, a best friend who didn't care about me and my dog would probably bury me in the garden like his beef bones if i died infront of him. i collapsed against the table. my head rested.on my arms. and started crying. it felt as if i had the whole ocean inside of me and was coming out
in 2 massive water-falls. My world was falling apart, i had nothing to keep me going, i looked up at the pink bag and thought the unthinkable. maybe, just maybe i could? i got up out of the chair and picked up my school bag and emptied everything out of it.  There was no one in the house so i crept into the kitchen and opened the cupboards, i emptied all the food i could into the rucksack and picked up my coat. i looked out of the front window and saw my mums figure begin to walk up the drive. i gasped and ran out the back door and onto the road as fast as i could. my heart thumped in my chest and my head rocked. i suddenly went dizzy and my eyes went out of focus. "twyana? is that you?" i hear my mum echoing in my head. nooooo! my head cleared and i ran towards the bus that was pulling in at the station. i willed that it was the bus to london and not attleborough.   it was to bury st edmunds. far away enough? i ask.my self. it will have to be. i feel no weight on my shoulder. and look down. No! my bag! i say out loud. many people stared at me. i didnt care. more tears formed. i blink
rapidly to clear them. i run towards the bus and hop on. i quickly check my pockets and count out £20. it wasn't enough, as the bus pulled away i caught a final glimpse of my pink bag hanging on the rose bush of my next-door neighbours house and started to cry. i didn't even have my card. i was doomed. I was going to starve and i didn't even have enough money to buy myself one meal at pizza hut.  i continued to sob all the way to bury.  I stepped off the bus at my usual stop and then fell towards the floor but felt arms pick me up before i could damage myself. i looked up and saw the most angelic faced boy i had ever seen in my life.  i look up to see jay. my enemies ex boyfrind. i had fancied him since forever and now i was in his arms. i lie there for a minute savouring the.moment. then he asks " you ok?" i wasnt sure what to say.  i just stared into his deep blue eyes for a moment and then said "yeh. um.. i think" i looked down and saw a silver credit card in his hand. "i think this is yours? you're Twyana right?" he held up the card and i gasped in delight. " yeah. thanks by the way.....jay." i tilt my head and stare again into his eyes again. i immediately feel relaxed. " so.. when did you break up with jasmine?" i ask him. "oh jazzy..well.....about a week ago..." he sniffs. "oh. sorry. didnt mean to upset you..." i tell him. " no dont worry. i broke up.with her... um... because i fancy someone else..." he cut off quickly and i don't push it. i don't really want to know about who he fancies because it could never be me. "well, i better be off i suppose. see you around." i smile at him and walk towards the arc. " yeh, see you around." he whispered.  i began to walk away when he said. "hey! um... why dont you um... you know, would you like to... well, if you get what im trying to say, i just... yeh" i smiled and said "i would love to! Shall we meet in HMV tomorrow lunch time?" a grin lit up on his face and he nodded. i waved goodbye and saw the final glimpse of him punch the air. Well, running away worked out better than i planned.

Lily
i woke up and stared at the new girl. she must have come last night. as i looked, she woke up and grinned at me. i made a face at her and looked down at my knees. i grinned to myself and thought about it. maybe i should be her friend......as i was thinking, i noticed a muffled sobbing. i looked again at the girl to see droplets of tears running down her face. i went over and tried to comfort her. i think she was a bit surprised but she looked a bit happier. then she ran away. " wait! where are you going?" i called after her. " im gping to see my date!" she told me. She then grabbed hold of me and took me out of the alley.


1 comment: